You’ve Got Issues . . . You just didn’t know it!
An Overview of the Issues-Centered Education Community’s NCSS Conference Session
- What is issues-centered education? What are the implications of this approach?
- What are some of the important and enduring issues?
- What is a probing question?
- What are some key curricular guidelines/frameworks for this approach?
- What would make someone want to choose this approach?
- How does a teacher create a reflective classroom climate?
- What are some effective strategies for issues-centered education? (models for the reflective process/examples)
- Are materials available? What? Where?
- How might a course or the curriculum be organized differently using this approach?
- Any cautions/obstacles? Why hasn’t it caught on? Questions?
For discussion of these questions see . . . You’ve Got Issues (pdf)